Details if/when they become available.
...In a perhaps related development, the AIRC has scheduled a business meeting for Monday at 6:20 p.m. at the Adams House in Phoenix (1100 W. Washington Street). The one action item on the agenda:
Legal advice, direction to counsel, discussion and possible action regarding actions relating to letter from Governor Brewer concerning Commission conduct. Commission may vote to go into executive session, which will not be open to the public, for the purpose of obtaining legal advice and providing direction to counsel (A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A) (3) and (4))....The AIRC has a full slate of public hearings scheduled for the week - Phoenix on Tuesday, Cottonwood on Wednesday, Scottsdale on Thursday, Marana on Friday, and Casa Grande and Green Valley on Saturday.
However, stay tuned - if the Governor and her associates in the legislature go through with their craven scheme to ignore the will of the voters and blow up the independent redistricting process, that schedule of public hearings on the new lines for Congressional and legislative districts will change to a schedule of court appearances, dates and times TBA.
- Also on Monday, the Joint
...In other areas of interest...
- The Arizona Corporation Commission's hearing schedule is here. In addition to the hearings, they are holding two special open meetings for Tuesday/Wednesday and Friday.
- The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors is meeting Monday and Wednesday.
- The Scottsdale City Council is meeting Tuesday, both in a special meeting for appointments to City boards and commissions and a regular meeting. One item of interest to political geeks: an item to remove John Washington from the City's Airport Advisory Commission. Recently, the Council has OK the building of well more than 1000 apartments near the Scottsdale Airport, something that Washington thinks is ill-advised and more importantly, a violation of some agreements with the FAA that the Scottsdale airport operates under. Washington has contacted the FAA directly, and because of that contact, Mayor Jim Lane has agendized a motion to remove Washington from the Commission. I can't say for certain how the vote will turn out, but whatever happens Tuesday, don't be shocked if Washington runs for Council or Mayor next year.
- The Tempe City Council is meeting Thursday.
Early notice: On Wednesday, December 7, the Community Involvement Group of the North Indian Bend Wash Superfund Site will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. More details as the date gets closer.