There have been a few developments on the 2012 campaign committee front since the last update.
...In the race for US Senate, Don Bivens, attorney and former chair of the Arizona Democratic Party, has formed a committee. According to Chris Cillizza of the Washington Post's The Fix, the committee is an exploratory one, and Bivens has said that he will make a final decision on running around Labor Day.
...In legislative developments -
- Former state legislator David Bradley has formed an exploratory committee for a run for the Democratic nomination for LD28 state senate.
- Martin Quezada has formed an exploratory committee for a run for the Democratic nomination for LD13 state representative.
- Lorenzo Sierra Jr. has formed an exploratory committee for a run for the Democratic nomination for LD13 state representative.
- Michael Snitz has formed a committee for a run for the Democratic nomination for LD14 state representative.
Note: all of the districts listed will change once the Independent Redistricting Commission puts together the new maps.
Active Congressional committee fundraising totals (April thru June) (incumbents italicized):
Raul Grijalva (D) - $88233 raised, $70724 on hand
Chuck Gray (R) - $3359 raised, $16443 on hand
Trent Franks (R) - $59507 raised, $41068 on hand, $372477 in debt
David Schweikert (R) - $2230 raised, $17881 on hand, $501800 in debt
David Schweikert (R) (2nd committee) - $250777 raised, $336262 on hand
Gabrielle Giffords (D) - $281177 raised, $787949 on hand
Travis Grantham (R) - $13300 raised, $13240 on hand
Kirk Adams (R) - $230525 raised, $209225 on hand
Ann Kirkpatrick (D) - $221289 raised, $215723 on hand
Paul Gosar (R) - $166544 raised, $138392 on hand
Ed Pastor (D) - $93158 raised, $1391488 on hand
Ben Quayle (R) - $282964 raised, $370277 on hand, $7487 in debt
Matt Salmon (R) - $162289 raised, $155744 on hand, $16889 in debt
Gabriela Saucedo Mercer (R) - $22397 raised, $21351 on hand, $485 in debt
Wenona Benally Baldenegro (D) - $8446 raised, $4603 on hand
Note: because incumbent US Representative Jeff Flake is now running for US Senate, his fundraising reports are not available online.
Note2: All numbers rounded to the nearest dollar.
Note3: I didn't list the district of the Congressional committees because those are going to change in a few months.
Observation: Aren't the Republicans the ones who campaign on their opposition to debt? Just sayin'...
- No changes in municipal campaign committees in Tempe and Scottsdale, though that should change soon - sources report that there is a poll in the field regarding the Tempe mayor's race. Some say it's a push poll, others say it's legit. I'm not a Tempe resident, so I didn't get the calls and cannot evaluate it directly.