Thursday, December 11, 2008

MCDP candidate for Secretary - Todd Phillips

From an email from the Maricopa County Democratic Party -


Dear PC,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. I am Todd Phillips, and I am running to be your next Secretary of the Maricopa County Democratic Party.

During this past election cycle I was Field Director for Ed Hermes's campaign for County Supervisor in Supervisorial District 1, and also worked in field for Gabrielle Giffords's first Congressional race in 2006 and a Tucson city council race in 2005, before I moved to Tempe. I've been involved in political campaigns since before I could vote. I am currently an honors student at Arizona State University majoring in Economics and Political Science where I am a committed member of the Young Democrats. In fact, I used to be Secretary!

I am running for several reasons:

Having run Ed's field campaign, I understand what support campaigns need from their county party, and I would like to give them this support in the next election cycle.

In this off year for (most) elections, I feel that the party needs to work on outreach to Maricopa's citizens to explain exactly what being a Democrat means. In fact, I've been crafting a media strategy for the county party that I would like to see implemented even if I am not elected for this position.

I am young, and I believe that the youth need representation in our county party. My generation is the future of this county, and I understand how to conduct effective outreach to my peers. Along with my previous point, I believe we need to teach the youth what it means to be a Democrat, not just what it means to support Barack Obama.

I also wish to keep all interested Democrats in the loop about what the county party is accomplishing and how they can get involved.

With this in mind, I would like you to vote for me at the Maricopa County Re-Organization Meeting this upcoming Saturday. If you'd like more information about me, my positions, or my plans, please feel free to call or email me. My number is {contact MCDP}, my email is {contact MCDP}

Thank you very much for your support, and I hope to see you Saturday!

Todd Phillips
Candidate, Secretary Maricopa County Democratic Party

As with the other candidate information posts, this post is informational only and does not constitute an endorsement.

More to come...

No comments: