Sunday, September 29, 2024

Flake endorses Harris: Can you say "I'm gobsmacked"?

From NBCNews -

Former GOP Sen. Jeff Flake endorses Harris for president

Former GOP Sen. Jeff Flake endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president on Sunday, writing in a statement that he wanted to support a presidential candidate who represents “a new generation of leadership based not on grievances of the past, but hope for the future.”

“I’ve served with Kamala in the U.S. Senate. I’ve also served with [Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz] in the House of Representatives. I know them. I know first hand of their fine character and love of country,” the former senator from Arizona added in his statement posted on X.


Gobsmacked is a bit of an old school term, so some readers may not understand it.  Let me explain it.

From Merriam-Webster -

gobsmacked adjective

overwhelmed with wonder, surprise, or shock astounded


No one will ever call Flake a "liberal Democrat" (except maybe Cheeto and those who embrace criminality is a legitimate political position), so this development is a bit of a surprise.  I expected that, at best, he would *not* endorse in the race.

I was wrong.


No comments: