Saturday, January 06, 2024

Dear Mr. LaPierre: Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

From Politico -

NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre steps down amid corruption charges

National Rifle Association Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre resigned from the organization Friday, just three days before the embattled leader is set to face a corruption trial in New York.

“With pride in all that we have accomplished, I am announcing my resignation from the NRA,” LaPierre said. “I’ve been a card-carrying member of this organization for most of my adult life, and I will never stop supporting the NRA and its fight to defend Second Amendment freedom. My passion for our cause burns as deeply as ever.”

Ya don't say!  The head of an industry lobbying was (allegedly) corrupt?

You can knock me over with a feather.

That's sarcasm folks.  I'm not surprised at all.


No comments: