Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Pastor calls Covid stuff "nonsense" and doesn't want folks to believe it. He may have other nonsense for folks to believe.

I am *so* going to get flak for this one.


So be it.


From Yahoo! News -

Evangelical pastor demands churchgoers ditch their masks: 'Don't believe this delta variant nonsense'

Since the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, Greg Locke, the pastor at a Nashville-area church, has repeatedly called covid a hoax, undermined emergency mandates and refused to comply with guidance from public health officials.

This week, Locke took his defiance a step further, making a sharp warning regarding mask-wearing.

If "you start showing up [with] all these masks and all this nonsense, I will ask you to leave,"

Locke, 45, told scores of Global Vision Bible Church parishioners during his sermon on Sunday

His statement was followed by cheers and applause.

From Johns Hopkins U -











Guess those 12K+ dead people are just lying about being dead.

1. Wear a damn mask.

2. Get vaccinated.

1 comment:

Thane Eichenauer said...

I am far from a person in full agreement with Pastor Greg Locke. Even if one of your readers was an attending member of his church I wouldn't think he would have much to complain about your excerpt of the Yahoo news coverage of his words and actions.

You apparently disagree with his beliefs. I imagine many people differ with your beliefs on COVID-19 to a greater or lesser degree.

I probably fall with a great many Americans being in the 99% of grey amorphous beliefs and disbeliefs about COVID and related issues.

I don't find anything to disagree with of the excepted news coverage. I observe the statement "scores of Global Vision Bible Church parishioners". Is that more parishioners than a year ago? Less by what percentage? Those would be some numbers I would love to see. I'd say even having scores of attendees means that even skeptics can survive and persist the asserted pandemic.