Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Number 1 Reason Bob Burns And The Republicans Are Unqualified For Office

Quote of the week, from AZCentral.com -
"You've got to have a healthy host for the parasite." - Senate President Bob Burns, saying Arizona needs a healthy economy to provide the tax revenue that feeds the government.

Ummm, yeah.

With an attitude like that, something tells me that Burns and his merry band have never stopped to consider the fact that while they consider government to be a "parasite", they've controlled government in AZ for generations.

And don't even start with the number of Democratic governors that AZ has had - most western states use a "weak executive" model of government, and Arizona is no exception to that rule. Governors here can't do much without at least a little cooperation from the lege.

If government here is "parasitic", it's been shaped that way by successive generations of Republican Kool-Aid drinkers.


To use a sports analogy, electing Republicans to offices that run government is like hiring me to run the New York Yankees.

We might go through the motions for a little while, but eventually... :)

BTW - I don't know why, but I'm feeling tactful tonight. I thought about using a "hiring Republicans to run government is like hiring Jack Kevorkian as your elderly mother's doctor" metaphor, but I didn't go there.

I don't know what came over me. Must be the cold meds or something. :)


Now, I really, REALLY, have to go to bed...

No comments: