Monday, June 12, 2006

Hollingsworth drops out of CD5 Dem race

Not really surprising news - sigs are due and I haven't seen ANY coverage or publicity for him.

The announcement from his
website:

Being a single father of three children and helping to take care of my ailing father I must regretfully step aside and in doing this it will help booster Harry Mitchell's nomination in September. Furthermore I wish to thank all my volunteers and supporters, for I know I have made it hard with my grassroots stance, but we will prevail when I return to run for a federal office again.

Thank You All for reading my articles and giving me feedback. This is one way that I will be able to be the candidate For the People, By the People, and Of the People. I will be publishing more articles in the near future.

Lee


In other AZ election news...

From the
Phoenix Business Journal, attorney and Gilbert Republican Bill Montgomery turned in the sigs and paperwork to run as a Clean Elections candidate for Arizona Attorney General against incumbent Terry Goddard.

Looking at the list of endorsers from his website, and the fact that he
hosted a houseparty for Len Munsil, I'm guessing that he isn't one of those famous but elusive "compassionate conservatives" from the mythical moderate wing of the Republican Party.

No comments: