Monday, February 13, 2023

Short Attention Span Musing

 ...Around a week ago, I came across an article that set me to thinking (always a dangerous thing :) ).

From BusinessInsider, dated February 3, 2023 -

The housing shortage is the root of all of America's problems

The US housing shortage isn't just fueling an affordability crisis. It could be contributing to several of the major problems the country is facing. 

Imagine you're a city-dweller living paycheck-to-paycheck. You're trying to save so you can afford a down payment on a home someday, but there's not much left to stash away after paying rent.

Is it significant?  Yes.

Does it need to be addressed?  Yes.

Is it the "root" of ALL of our problems?  No.


Much like the fact that we have more than one problem, the fact is that there is more than one cause behind those problems.

Abject poverty in the U.S. is also a significant cause, but I think that there is one overarching cause -


Inveterate greed.


...In 2024, is she running for Senate from AZ or Vice President of the U.S.?  Or is she just acting as one of Cheeto's surrogates?

From the Des Moines Register -

'I just want to save America': In Iowa, Kari Lake won't slam door shut on being Trump's VP

Arizona Republican Kari Lake said Saturday she isn’t in Iowa running for president or trying to raise her profile to become vice president — but she didn’t completely shut the door on being Donald Trump’s running mate if he asks.

“I really believe his policies are the ones that can help save this country, truly,” she told the Des Moines Register in an interview. “And so I'm going to do whatever I can. If he wants me to help him in any way, shape or form, I will do that. I will campaign for him. I'll do whatever I need to. But I'm not running for VP. I'm not running for president. I am just running to save America, if there's such a thing. I just want to save America.”


Personally, I believe  that while she hopes to be on a ticket with Cheeto, she'll keep her options open by running in the R primary for Kyrsten Sinema's seat.


...I expect/hope that Thursday will be a VERY bad day for Cheeto.

From CBS -

Judge orders release of parts of Georgia grand jury report on Trump's post-election conduct

A Georgia judge on Monday ordered the release of parts of a special grand jury's report on efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 presidential election, but said that most of the report will remain under wraps for now.

Fulton County Judge Robert McBurney largely ruled against media organizations who sought to make the report public, writing that all but three sections should remain undisclosed until Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis' investigation is complete. He said the introduction, conclusion and a section in which the grand jury "discusses its concern that some witnesses may have lied under oath during their testimony" should be released.



No comments: