- HB2201, Treason Act 2016 (barring the state and its subdivisions from cooperating with any federal action that is considered to be "commandeering", be it a law, executive order, regulation, court decision, etc.) (Senate Federalism, Mandates, and Fiscal Responsibility, Tuesday)
- HCR2031, a proposed amendment to the state constitution increasing the exemption from taxation on business personal property from $50K to $2.4 million (Senate Finance, Wednesday)
- HB2481, imposing limits on the property taxes that may be levied by counties for use by their school district (Senate Education, Thursday)
- SB1141, making gold and silver acceptable forms of payment for debts, and exempting from taxation profits from speculation involving that (House Federalism and States' Rights, Wednesday)
- SB1282, John Kavanagh's move to limit the public's access to public records by giving legal protection to the denial of access to those records if the keeper of the records deems a request to access those records as "unduly burdensome" or "harassing" (House Government and Higher Education, Thursday)
- SB1266, Barring the state's political subdivisions from enacting any ordinance, rule, policy, etc. that restricts firearms any more than state law already does, and creating heavy fines as penalties for doing so (House Judiciary, Wednesday)
- SB1474, Barring scientific research on fetal tissue or embryos from abortions (House Judiciary, Wednesday)
- SB1485, barring state employees from making donations to Planned Parenthood through payroll deductions (House Judiciary, Wednesday)
- HB2081, barring background checks for private firearms transfers (Senate Commerce and Workforce Development, Monday)
The rest -
All committees meetings and agendas are subject to change without notice, and frequently do. If you plan to travel to the Capitol to observe or weigh in on the consideration of a particular measure, check with the lege ahead of time to confirm that the meeting that you are interested in is still on schedule and your item(s) of interest is still on the agenda for that meeting.
Meeting rooms designated "HHR" are in the House of Representatives building.
Meeting rooms designated "SHR" are in the Senate building.
All House committee agendas can be found here.
All Senate committee agendas can be found here.
Committee schedule (mostly just copied and pasted from the lege's website. The agenda links work, as of this writing, but may not later in the week if an agenda is modified in some way):
|House side of the Capitol|
|03/10/16||Agriculture, Water and Lands||10:00 A.M.||HHR 3||Click Here|
|03/10/16||Government and Higher Education||9:00 A.M.||HHR 1||Click Here|
|03/10/16||Military Affairs and Public Safety||9:00 A.M.||HHR 5||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Appropriations||NOT MEETING||HHR 1||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Commerce||9:30 A.M. NOTE TIME CHANGE||HHR 1||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Education||2:00 P.M.||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Federalism and States' Rights||9:00 A.M.||HHR 5||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Insurance||10:00 A.M.||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Judiciary||9:00 A.M.||HHR 3||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Banking and Financial Services||2:00 P.M.||HHR 3||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Health||2:00 P.M.||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Rural and Economic Development||2:00 P.M.||HHR 5||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Transportation and Infrastructure||2:00 P.M.||HHR 1||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Children and Family Affairs||NOT MEETING||HHR 5||Click Here|
|03/07/16||County and Municipal Affairs||2:00 P.M.||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Elections||NOT MEETING||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Energy, Environment and Natural Resources||2:00 P.M.||HHR 1||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Rules||1:00 P.M.||HHR 4||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Ways and Means||2:00 P.M.||HHR 3||Click Here|
|Senate side of the Capitol|
|03/10/16||Education||9:00 A.M.||SHR 1||Click Here|
|03/10/16||Judiciary||9:30 A.M.||SHR 109||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Finance||9:00 A.M.||SHR 3||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Financial Institutions||2:00 P.M.||SHR 109||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Government||2:00 P.M.||SHR 3||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Health and Human Services||2:00 P.M.||SHR 1||Click Here|
|03/09/16||Public Safety, Military and Technology||9:00 A.M.||SHR 1||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Appropriations||2:00 P.M.||SHR 109||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Federalism, Mandates and Fiscal Responsibility||9:00 A.M.||SHR 3||Click Here|
|03/08/16||Transportation||2:00 P.M.||SHR 1||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Commerce and Workforce Development||1:45 P.M. OR UPON ADJ OF FLOOR (NOTE TIME CHANGE)||SHR 1||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Natural Resources||NOT MEETING*||SHR 109||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Rules||1:00 P.M.||Caucus Room 1||Click Here|
|03/07/16||State Debt and Budget Reform||10:00 A.M.||SHR 3||Click Here|
|03/07/16||Water and Energy||2:00 P.M.||SHR 3||Click Here|
|03/10/16||Education||9:00 A.M.||SHR 1||Click Here|
The House has a COW (Committee of the Whole) calendar scheduled for Monday.
The Senate has both a COW calendar and a Third Read (final approval) calendar posted for Monday.
There will be floor calendars later in the week, but those are generally posted the day before, or even the day of, consideration.
The lege's Capitol Events calendar is here.