Sunday, June 10, 2012

Voter Suppression 101 tactics in CD8 Special Election

It looks as if the Kelly campaign's guiding philosophy is "if at first you don't succeed, cheat."

One of the oldest gambits in electoral politics is to try to suppress the turnout of the opposition's base by telling them to show up to vote on a day after the scheduled election day or to misdirect them to the wrong polling place.  Either way, the lie is usually delivered in the guise of "helping" voters.

It looks like the Rs in the Tucson area are going with misdirection.

A Facebook friend from the Tucson area posted this earlier this evening -
A reminder was left at my door informing me of my polling location for Tuesday's Special Election. The problem is that the information was wrong! Fortunately, I got a call from one of Ron's volunteers reminding me to vote. If he hadn't told me my correct voting place, I wouldn't have known there was a problem until Tuesday! Please contact Ron's Tucson office at 520-207-0937 if you have questions about your polling place. Or call the Pima County Recorder at 520-740-4330.
The list of polling places in Pima County is here; if you don't know your precinct, the Pima County Recorder's precinct locator page is here.

The list of polling places in Santa Cruz County is here.

The list of polling places in Cochise County is here.


No comments: