Monday, May 02, 2011

Thoughts on Bin Laden's death

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr. (source:  HuffingtonPost)

I understand and laud the late Dr. King's sentiment, but I'm nowhere near as good a human being as he was.

My thoughts are closer to this sentiment -
I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure.


Clarence Darrow
Personally, I don't wish for anyone's death, nor do I rejoice in anyone's death.  However, there are certain people whose death I do not and will not mourn.

Bin Laden is one of those.


Having said that I have to ask (back to being a wiseguy) - how many high school athletic teams are going to change their name to the "SEALS"?

I'm guessing the number will be well into double digits.

And this won't be their mascot -

No comments: