As usual, all info gathered from the websites of the relevent political bodies/agencies, and subject to change without notice...
...In Congress, it will be a rather brief week due to the President's State of the Union address on Wednesday.
Possibly controversial items on the House's scheduled agenda -
- An as-yet-unnumbered bill titled "Emergency Aid to American Survivors of the Haiti Earthquake Act" from Rep. Charlie Rangel
- An as-yet-unnumbered bill regarding "additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958" from Rep. Nydia Velazquez
There won't be any business conducted in the House on Thursday and Friday so that the House Republicans may meet in an issues conference.
Over in the Senate, they'll be attending the State of the Union address with the members of the House, but before and after that, they'll be conducting business. Their committee schedule is here. There doesn't seem to be anything of specific interest to Arizona this week, though something could crop up.
...The committee schedule for the Arizona legislature was covered in a separate post here. There is one additional meeting to add: the Joint Committee on Capital Review will meet on Tuesday at 8 a.m. in HHR4.
...The Arizona Corporation Commission will be holding a Public Comment Meeting in Litchfield Park on Monday at 6:30 p.m. They will be soliciting public input on a rate increase request from Liberty Water, formerly known at Litchfield Park Service Co. ACC's full hearing schedule is here.
...The Citizens Clean Elections Commission will meet on Thursday at 9 a.m. No agenda posted as yet, but expect at least an informal discussion of the recent court ruling outlawing CE's matching funds provisions. (Note: CE is appealing the decision.)
...The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors will hold an informal meeting on Monday and a formal meeting on Wednesday (agenda available on this page).
...The Board of Directors of the Maricopa Integrated Health System will have a busy week -
- An executive session on Monday at 1 p.m.
- A formal meeting on Monday at 3 p.m.
- Another formal meeting on Wednesday at 1 p.m.
...The Governing Board of the Maricopa County Community College District will meet on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., with an executive session at 5:30 p.m.
...The Tempe City Council's Calendar is here. No formal council meetings are scheduled for this week. However, since last week's meeting was postponed due to the weather issues in the area, it may be rescheduled for this week. Stay tuned.
...The Scottsdale City Council will have a busy Tuesday -
- A 3:30 p.m. Executive Session
- A 4 p.m. Special Meeting on Board and Commission appointments
- A 5 p.m. Regular Meeting, assuming that all will still be running according to schedule.
The City's Community Meeting Notice is here.
On Monday, the City's Charter Review Task Force will be meeting on Monday evening. An AZRepublic preview of the meeting is here.
Not meeting this week: Arizona Board of Regents, Board of Directors of the Central Arizona Project