From a press release -
Senator Ed Ableser will host a forum on capital punishment at the Arizona Senate on Friday, September 13th. Joined by legislators from both sides of the aisle and guests from government, law enforcement, criminal defense, religious institutions, victims’ rights groups and academics, Sen. Ableser will lead the discussion of the current state of capital punishment in Arizona and its future role in crime deterrence and punishment.
WHAT: Legislative Forum on Capital Punishment
WHO: Guests scheduled to attend include:
· Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery
· Auxiliary Bishop Eduardo Nevares of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix
· Alan Tavassoli of the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender
· Reverend Oscar Tillman, President of the Maricopa County branch of the NAACP
· Carol Gaxiola, Director of Homicide Survivors
· Timothy LaSota of the law firm Tiffany & Bosco PA
· Larry Hammond of the law firm Osborn Maledon PA
· John Johnson, Professor Emeritus of Justice Studies at Arizona State University
WHEN: Friday, September 13th at 9 a.m.
WHERE: Senate Hearing Room 1