Saturday, December 29, 2012

The US House is meeting Sunday; I set the over/under at 3

...3, as in "the number of times that John Boehner lets the tears flow"...

In a rare occurence, the US House of Representatives will meet tomorrow, a Sunday. 

The unusual scheduling is ostensibly to give the House a chance to pass a measure that would enable the country to avoid going over the "fiscal cliff".

However, while a number of measures are on the tentative agenda, no one truly expects much to be done tomorrow - the Republican caucus in the House has turned political self-immolation into an art form, and their fiscal cliff negotiating position ("stop me before I shoot myself!") may be their pièce de résistance.

While they still could surprise me (and everyone else, including themselves) and put aside ideological posturing in favor of actually, you know, *governing*, I think the only real question left to ponder is -

Who is going to cry more tomorrow, Cardinals fans or Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner?

For the record, I think that Cardinals fans will cry more often, but I'm not counting tears of joy over the end of a truly painful season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U.S is in huge debt. Sooner or later the country will meet its downfall.