Sunday, July 29, 2012

AZ Secretary of State's website down

Update: as of approximately 10:30 a.m, the website is back up.  However, getting into the campaign finance reporting database is problematical.  Other parts of the website may be difficult/impossible to access.  End update...

Early ballots for the August primary election drop on Thursday, and the voter registration deadline for that election is tomorrow, and since sometime Saturday afternoon, the AZSOS' website has looked like this -




I'm not sure when it went down, not exactly.  I've seen estimates that it went down around 3 p.m. Saturday.  I know that at approximately 2:30 p.m. it was still working, because I was doing some research and took a break.  A few hours later, there were some posts on FB from friends noting that it was down.  A quick check confirmed their posts, and as of this writing, the SOS' website is still down.

I'm not the first, or only, person to notice this, as David Safier at Blog for Arizona noted here.

Nor will I be the only one to question the timing of the outage, or the length of it.

No comments: