Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Supermarket management - defending Scottsdale's (and America's) sensibilities...

Non-political post ahead...

Yesterday, while going thru checkout at my local Fry's, I was asked for ID to verify that I was old enough to purchase an item that I had selected.

Was it cold medicine with pseudoephedrine? Nope, I don't have a cold or the flu (and apparently, I'm one of the few in Arizona who can say that. :) )

Was it cigarettes? Nope, I don't smoke.

Was it booze? Nope, I *do* drink, but do so very infrequently.

No, it wasn't any of those obvious choices.

So what was the item that so threatens the health and welfare of Arizona's children that I had to prove I was of age before the vigilant store management at the local Fry's supermarket would allow me to purchase it?


A freakin' Three Stooges DVD!!


I'm glad they were only concerned with chronological age, because if I had to prove sufficient emotional maturity if would have been more difficult, given that I was purchasing a freakin' Three Stooges DVD!!

:))

Later!

No comments: