Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Clean Elections Debate for LD17 on Wednesday, July 26th

The AZ Citizens Clean Elections Commission will be holding a debate tomorrow (OK, probably 'today' as you read this :) ) in the Carson Ballroom of the Old Main Building at ASU between 6 and 8 p.m. (Lousy map here. The Old Main Building is cut off, but it is in the upper right corner of the map area.)

All D17 candidates who are running as Clean Elections candidates should be there; in D17 that means all of them, both Democrats and Republicans.

It's open to the public and should be very informative; arrive early and get a good seat.

If you can't make it, the Clean Elections website has a banner scrolling across the top of its main page announcing that you can "Watch your candidate debate" there, but there's no details how. Check out the website tomorrow if you are interested.

I'll be there to write it up, so I hope to see you there!

G'night!

4 comments:

TimWilsonAZ said...

I stopped by the D17 forum on Monday, but they were late getting started and they said the Democrats wouldn't get there until after 7:30. I stayed for a few minutes to watch the GOP candidates talk it out, but I had a long enough day already.

No sign of Harry Mitchell or Hayworth there.

Will they be at ASU tonight? Or is it just the D17 candidates?

Craig said...

So far as I know, it'll just be the D17 candidates. Congressional races aren't covered under the Clean Elections law.

If either Hayworth or Mitchell is there, it'll be as a citizen. In that light, I could see Harry Mitchell being there for a little while, but I'm pretty sure JD considers Tempe hostile territory. :)

TimWilsonAZ said...

I would if I was him as well. I had planned on going tonight, but it's looking like I'll be working late.

Damn, I need a new job, can't wait to get one on-campus.

Do you know when the next D17 meeting is?

Craig said...

The next D17 meeting is on August 1st, at the Pyle Center as usual.

Hope to see you there...